Friday 8 July 2011

'Take Good Care' Butterfly Card

The challenge this week at Flutter By Wednesday's, is an open one, just be sure to have a butterfly, fairy or angel on your creation. I used something from my Odds and Sods" pile and came up with this card ...


The piece that was in the pile? It's the rectangle with the aqua and taupe layers on it and it's actually a digital piece. I had it left over from some Christmas cards I made last year ... I don't know why I deemed it important enough to save, but I did and I was determined to put it to use. It looks like layered card stock because I hand painted the shadows.  :-) 


Turns out Stampin' Up's Baja Breeze is a perfect match for the aqua layer on the digital panel! I cut a larger rectangle and used scalloped scissors on the bottom edge, stamped the words (Hero Arts) on the lower part of the panel and mounted it to a white card with foam tape.


The larger butterfly was cut from taupe scrapbook paper and netting using a Tim Holtz die, and the aqua butterflies were punched from Baja Breeze with a Martha Stewart punch. I used the Tim Holtz 'Tiny Attacher' to staple the layers together then mounted the butterfly to the panel with foam tape. 


Easy Peasy - and a nice CAS (Clean and Simple) card for my stash. I like the look the netting gives the butterfly and will probably do that again. 


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen! love the colors & fresh clean look!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a wonderful CAS card! Thank you for joining us at FBW this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen