Thursday 15 September 2011

Birthday Owls

I thought I'd make another owl card while I had the stamp out:


I like this one SOOOOO much better. I used an A2 sized kraft top fold card as a base, and an off-white panel for the stamping. The Stamp A Ma Jig helped placing the owls where I wanted them to land on the (Impress) branch die*, and I added the same Copic markers as yesterday's card. This time though, I added black brads to their eyes and that little detail just makes me smile.
*I am a total DIE ADDICT.  Impress started carrying some of the new Memory Box dies - and I ordered a couple 'just to see'. WOW! They are amazing. Just look at the detail in this branch, and it cut like a dream. 


The Stampin' Up Pennant stamp and punch set was used to make the party hats. The hats were stamped in orange ink with the beads coloured with pencils. I also added a brad on the hat pom poms. The edge of the off-white panel was stippled with green ink, then a leaf (Inkadinkadoo?) was stamped repeatedly around the edge several times without re-inking, in two colours of green ink. When the panel was finished I popped it up onto the kraft card base with foam tape.

Below is a peek at the inside:


Then, since it was driving me crazy ... I re-did  yesterday's card. I cut it apart, trimmed the panels down and inked the edges.


It's a small thing, but I'm much happier with it now. I popped it up with foam tape, on a slightly larger piece of patterned paper which was attached to a dark green card.  It's still a CAS card - but not a OLC any longer.

The back of yesterday's card was used for the inside, by trimming it down & inking the edges before stamping and adhering it:






Ta-Da! 
Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. These little owls look great with there party hats on! I love the branch...I have that die too and it's good to see how you've added leaves to it. I think it looks quite spooky bare!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen