Tuesday 20 September 2011

Card Candy for Sue

Sue is an amazing stamper, but she has a family that doesn't really appreciate hand made cards.  (!!!)   She mentioned that she wanted to start making birthday cards instead of buying them all the time, so I thought I'd help her out with some 'Card Candy' as her birthday gift this year.


The idea for this started months ago. When I was first starting up this blog, I mentioned working on whittling down my 'Odds & Sods' pile. I made a whole bunch of card candy for myself (which I still have to photograph) and I was so pleased with it I wanted so make some for Sue as well.

I used lots of different dies (most of them by Tim Holtz) and small bits  & pieces to make the card candy ... and the base they are mounted on is another Tim Holtz die. Have I mentioned how much I like dies???  ;-)   The stamp on the top of the base is one I picked up from Michaels in their bargain bin.



These butterflies were SO much fun ... I hope she gets as much enjoyment out of using them as I did making them.

Her gift included a few more than what I'm sharing today, but will save the rest of the card candy for another day.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen