Sunday 30 October 2011

Purple Bird Cards

I seem to go in phases with this punch - sometimes I use it constantly, and sometimes I almost forget about it completely. These cards remind me how much I like the Stampin' Up bird punch, even though I haven't used in in awhile.


I made 2 almost identical cards, one with a top fold and one with a side fold. The purple background panel (DCWV) has a beautiful pearl sheen to it.

The bird was punched out of a coordinating patterned paper - the branch is the reverse side of that paper!

All edges were inked, and the label is a Sizzix die.  I also added a tiny self adhesive pearl for the eye.


The cards have no words on the outside, so they can be used as note cards or people can write a greeting inside. 2 more cards done to put in the Christmas Craft Sale!


As for our little renovation project? We wanted to put in a 2nd sliding door, this one off the kitchen newly enlarged kitchen deck. After it taking the contractor most of last week to install the one door in the basement, my hubby said he would look after putting in the kitchen one himself.

That required actually getting the (really, really heavy) door up onto the 2nd story deck. !!  However, he had a co-worker come out yesterday morning, and a neighbor got out of bed (sorry Mark) to help lift and heave for the 5 minutes it took to get it up.  Then 'G' and DH installed the door. Start to finish time? 2 hours.  2 HOURS ... unbelievable.

I expect the contractor to be completely surprised when he arrives tomorrow and sees that it did, in fact, get done. I restrained myself from emailing him a photo of the installed door before noon yesterday, but I guess the fact that I really wanted to makes me somewhat petty.  :-) 

We went to a Halloween party last night (thanks Mark) and were talking to some of the people in the neighborhood who had also had renos done - inside and out. Most of them had the same issues, and said the trades work in "Mountain Time".  Good to know!

I think I am going to learn how to work in that time zone, ha ha. AFTER the craft sale. Which means, I'd better get going here and see if I can get something done for the sale.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Think your hubby had the best idea doing it himself after all the hassle with the other door!
    Love your birdie cards, the punch is so versatile and I should use mine more as well (it's Hannah's actually, but we share)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen