Friday 18 November 2011

Ayda's First Birthday Card

Our cousin's daughter Ayda has a birthday coming up ... this is the card I made for my parents to send to her:

The card base was made using a Sizzix die, and two sided pink heavy paper. I found it and the sparkly castle print on clearance at our LSS over the summer and knew that it would be perfect for the little girls in our life.  
I cut the '1' and shadow using the 'Birthday Bash' Cricut cartridge, and added glitter glue to the edge of the top layer after embossing it with the 'Swiss Dots' folder.

It is popped up with foam tape, and decorated with inked punches and paper scraps. (Flower is a SU punch, leaf is Emagination ?)


The cute little banner was hand trimmed from another sheet of paper and layered with foam tape.


All in all, a really fun card to make and I know a special little girl will enjoy it too.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Karen - inside and out - and I love the banner. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is a fabulous card, soooo lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen