Friday 11 November 2011

Santa and Rudolph and Chocolate ... Oh My ...

So the Kit-Kat chocolate bars in yesterday's photo? Well I actually had TWELVE of them. What's a better way to decorate Kit-Kat chocolate bars, than to disguise them as Santa and Rudolph.  And put them in the Craft Sale!


After using the Swiss Dots embossing folder to add texture to the red card stock, I taped it around the chocolate bar, enclosing it completely. Both ends were crimped, because I really like that look.

I used my Cricut and the Doodlecharms cartridge to cut out the faces, layered everything with glue and foam tape, then attached the head to the top of the wrapped chocolate bar. Glitter glue was added after the ribbon was attached around his middle. 

Instead of using the nose and hat pom-pom that cut with the file, I glued a red Dew Drop for his nose, and punched a 3/4" circle (Stampin' Up) out of sparkly white card stock.  Santa has sparkly eyes too, courtesy of black glitter glue.

I used the Doodlecharms cartridge so often last Christmas that I thought I'd give it a rest this year. Then Jayne (see my blogroll for her blog) used the Santa and Reindeer to make the most adorable gift boxes and I just had to get the cartridge out to play with again.


Next up -- Rudolph:


These are SO cute, that if they don't sell well I will have no problem tucking one in everyone's stocking this year. Rudolph was made the same, this time using kraft card stock and the textile embossing folder from Stampin' Up.





Some inking, some doodles, and a glitter glued nose.  :-)  The twill ribbon was from the Stampin' Up Clearance Rack. It is sooooo soft and easy to use. I kept thinking he needed SOMEthing else though.


The word stamp is by Verve, and the punches by Stampin' Up ... popped up with foam tape and then I was happy with them.

Here is a look at the Santa bars, all tucked into their box and ready to be put out for the sale today.  :-)


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. These are as cute as anything Karen! What an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen,these are fabulous.I am going to borrow this idea!
    Just catching up as been MIA for a week or so.Hope Jasper's out of the doghouse by now!!Don't you just love them.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen