Thursday 15 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #11

Here is my Tag #11 for Tim Holtz '12 Tags of Christmas'.  His tag was bright and cheerful, and used funky images.


I did the same thing -- but with entirely different imagery than his. He did the COOLEST technique with shrink plastic (see the holly cluster at the top of his tag?), and while I have the melting pot and the UTEE required, I didn't have the clear shrink plastic. I'm gonna try this though - sooooo cool!  (Thanks Tim)


I cut Tim's tree out of chipboard backed patterned paper, which is Prima's 'North Country'.  The chipboard die cuts are from the same line.

I covered a die cut tag with Tim's music printed tissue paper, making sure to wrinkle it as I adhered it. Then I swiped it with Distress Ink and heat set it, finally running it through the Big Shot with a Sizzix  snowflakes embossing folder. The snowflakes were inked with brown Momento ink and a sponge.


I used some paper tape under the area where I was going to attach the tree, then wrapped the tree trunk with Pear Pizzaz seam binding (Stampin' Up).  The red and green bling was sitting on my stamping area so I added that as well.


Finally, I took a silver star brad, pressed it into a Versamark ink pad, then embossed it with red powder. I added green, red, and blue grosgrain ribbons to the tag top.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. your tag is excellent!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've been waiting to see what you would do with the shrink plastic/Utee technique. I have been following but not making the 12 tags. Made notes on all the techniques I want to try and that was definitely one of them. I have the plastic but will have to improvise on the melting pot. Play day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like that tree for some reason the die that is. for some reason your paper just totally transform it and makes it look good :) Another great tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen