Wednesday 15 February 2012

Spinning Butterfly

Papertrey Ink has some FABULOUS new dies and stamp sets being released today, but I cannot order any new hobby stuff for a month or two. Sigh. I love the idea of interactive cards, and their new dies are going to make it so easy to make them!

Inspired by those dies that are now on my ever-growing PTI Wish List, I decided to use what I have and come up with a spinning butterfly card.


The label was cut and stamped (My Favorite Things die and stamp set), and the SU Word Window punch forms the channel for the spinner. The SU 3/4" circle punch is on the back side of the label, layered with 2 regular sized hole-punched circles punched from a chipboard coaster. A third hole-punched circle is on the back of the Martha Stewart punched butterfly, which is on top of the label.

If you are not familiar with spinner cards, when the card is tilted the butterfly rolls and spins across the channel. Totally Fun.



The butterfly was stamped with a Hero Arts vine image, as was the Ocean Tides panel (PTI), and the seam binding is by Martha Stewart. The little green patterned paper panel is from my stash. Wordsworth makes the tiny word stamp and I added flat stickers to the butterfly to give it some shimmer without the bulk of adhesive gems.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking the exact same thing Karen! I have some nestie round ended tags that might do the same.
    Beautiful card and colours :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this kind of cards with a flower- but with a butterfly it is much nicer
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elegant colour and feel of your spinner card.
    I have just discovered PTI and desperately want their zipper die....but postage to the UK is exorbitant!! Will have to figure a crafty way of making that myself!lol.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen