Monday 5 March 2012

Hot Air Balloon Birthday Card

Well it happened! I got to go to the Mesa Arizona 'Rubber Stamp Event'. !! I've never been in the US when there has been a Rubber Stamp show on before, so I couldn't believe my good luck when I found out that I would be here for this one. AND that hubby was willing to drive me to it & come back to pick me up.

Barbara, the event organizer, told me that people come from all over to attend this show - and I can say that I overheard many people today saying just that. It was SO much fun. There were demo's, 'make & take's, classes - and lots & lots of stamps for sale. Ahhhhh - I was in heaven.

I was actually surprised to see how many punches and die's were there as well as the stamps. While I managed to find a few new dies for my collection, it was the rubber stamps I was there to see & shop for and I did just that. I didn't have an opportunity to take any of the classes, but I did watch several demos and really enjoyed talking to people while lining up to pay at the different booth's.

As always, the display boards were amazing and it was fun to see some older companies whose images I haven't seen in years. One of my favourite stops (other than Stampscapes) was the 'Stamps By Judith' booth. I have to admit that I fell madly in love with a couple of her critters and their accessory stamps. When I get home and back to my studio, I will be using them to make some CUTE cards. CUTE, versus pretty or floral or serious or vintage or anything remotely Tim Holtz. Just CUTE. I can't wait.

Meanwhile, here is my card for Masculine Card Monday here on my blog:



I made this for the Less Is More Week 52 challenge, but of course never got it posted. I used that Hero Arts cloud stamp that I found in a clearance bin at a scrapbook store; both the word stamp & balloon are from the Michaels $1.50 bin. The A2 card base is kraft card stock.


First I stamped the hot air balloon on a strip of white card stock than masked it. The cloud stamp was stamped over that, then the balloon was coloured with Copic markers. I trimmed the cloud panel then popped it up with foam tape on the left side of the card.


The card looks square in this photo, but it is actually an A2 size. I stamped the clouds again on a white panel to put inside the card, and will add words to it when I go to send the card.

I had been hoping to find some birthday verse stamps at the Rubber Stamp Show today, but - no luck. Just many different 'happy birthday' words and I have lots of those already. I don't know that my Visa could have taken much more though - it was practically smokin' after the Stamps By Judith booth.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. looks fantastic!
    Hello from Elam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as if you had a wonderful time Karen! I do love a balloon scene and yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a good stamp show too Karen.. there are so many companies so its good to see them all under one roof!!
    Great guys card, the colourful balloon really looks superb against the sky bkgd :0)
    Have fun with your new goodies.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen.Love the air balloon.
    So pleased you enjoyed the show...how fun!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen