Wednesday 21 March 2012

Lap Afghan for a Special Someone

We  Are  Home.

Whew.

After a wonderful month long holiday in Arizona, we've been on the road for 3 days for our return trip. I had intended on scheduling some blog posts, but we had friends drop in on Saturday so instead of packing we sat outside by the pool and visited. With a cold drink. Or two.  (It was a really fun holiday!)

We had to be out of our (rented) house by 11am Sunday so there just wasn't time to get any posts done before we left, and I only had internet for the overnight hours in the Best Western Hotel's we stayed at.  (Note - they were pet friendly, as we had our 3 dogs with us on this trip. It was so nice not to have to worry about where we would sleep at night because of the dogs!)

Today's share for my 'Warm & Wooly Wednesday', is the start of the lap afghan I'm making for my Dad for his birthday. My parents gave me the loom for Christmas - it's an 'Infinity Loom'. It will make a panel up to 5 feet wide - the pegs are set in a spiral so the loom doesn't end up being 5 feet long. Brilliant!


The knit piece flows through the center valley, between the peg rows and out the bottom - this is a picture of the underside:


I worked on it for the first two weeks we were in Arizona, but after that we had visitors pretty much non-stop and the pattern requires concentration and counting.


 I will get back at it now that we are home.  Well, after unpacking and laundry and groceries and paperwork etc etc. It's back to Real Life for us now!

Oh, but it was a wonderful relaxing holiday. We've never done anything like that before. In fact we've never been away for even two weeks before! We loved it, ... but it sure is good to be home again.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. that knitting looks interesting
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a restful break away Karen, always good to find hotels that ale pets too...makes life easier :0)
    I love this loom such a simple idea and there was I wondering what strange item you could be knitting when I first saw the photo!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen