Thursday 29 March 2012

Sparkly Princess Card

My cousin (Shae's Grandma) asked for a special, sparkly, princess birthday card for Shae's 4th birthday. I was happy to oblige. 

This is a large card, it's 6" square and I used one of my (wonderful) 6.5" square envelopes, which left me room for the embellishments on the card.

I found these glittered chipboard stickers at our dollar store and knew they would be perfect for this card for Shae.


While the background doesn't show up well on the photos, I used torn scrap paper, ink and sponges to create hills and stamped (Posh) clouds.



I then did a simple pop up base for the sparkly castle to rest on, sponged some hills in behind it and added cloud die cuts and some die cut scallops.




I was able to add the bulky embellishments since the card was being hand delivered.

A fun card for a special little girl. I would have loved to have seen her face when she opened it at her birthday party.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. How perfect for a four year old girl Karen - my daughter would have played with this for hours when she was that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice card for a little princess
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Karen, this is just super for a young princess..I bet she loves it especially with the pop up castle inside :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen