Monday 16 April 2012

Kraft Stars Birthday Card

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and this is the card I have to share today:


It's an A2 card, with a kraft card stock base. The printed paper is from a paper gift bag (thanks, Sue!) that I cut a panel from to recycle. I am not usually a fan of stars, but I love this primitive stars die from Sizzix. Totally love it.  I cut the stars from beige card stock and ran them through a paper crimper. The edges were inked then the two were attached together with foam tape to a beige panel.


That little button is also a die cut (SU), and I just inked the edges and popped it up with foam tape. It makes for a mail friendly card, where a real button would have been a problem.  A little twine, and a word stamp (?) and my card front was done.

For the inside, I used the off cuts as a stencil, and stippled brown ink into a beige panel then attached it inside the card. I have not added the birthday verse inside it yet, as I like to wait until I know exactly who the card is going to before I stamp or write the words inside.

Have a great week - thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. thats a realy nice card!
    Love the colors too
    Wish you a nice day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neutral shades Karen and the stencilling inside is brilliant!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen