Friday 18 May 2012

30th Anniversary Card

My husband and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary this month, and this is the card I made for him:


A very long time ago, I ordered a 12x12" package of textured card stock in various retired In Colours from the Stampin' Up Clearance Rack. I used the orange and yellow from that package for this card. The focal picture is from our March holiday in Arizona, and I Cricut cut the numbers/shadows and word. The Gypsy helped me weld the letters ... all from 'Opposites Attract',  I'm pretty sure.


When attaching everything to the card front, though - I messed it up. I do not like top fold cards because they tend to slide open and fall flat. I intended to make this a side-fold card, but of course I like the LOOK of a top fold card so ended up assembling it as such. Bah. 

The solution? I cut an easel (Tim Holtz) out of the same orange card stock and ... problem solved. Plus, I didn't need to put the card in an envelope, because with the easel back it was standing at his spot at the kitchen table when he came home. 


The words inside are by Gina K Designs, and are exactly how I feel. Nestie labels were used to cut them out and mat them, since the words are so much smaller than the 6" area of the card.

30 years and still going strong.

Amazing.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. congrats to your aniversary!
    We have 40 next month!

    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen