Saturday 14 July 2012

Christmas Card, Merry Monday Sketch #15

This is the 2nd Merry Monday sketch I've used for July. To quote from the blog:

"Merry Monday Sketch with a Twist!

This month is going to be a bit different for the Merry Monday Challenge!!!  I have decided to shut down my computer for a bit and to take a blogging vacation. I still want to encourage you to make 4 Christmas cards this month, so I am challenging you to use any of the past Merry Monday Sketches and create 4 cards this month."



I chose sketch #15 and did 3 nearly identical cards, only varying the snowflake placement on each one.





The square 'Peace with the 2 birds' is a sticker from a Christmas Card kit, as is the harlequin background.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the white horizontal strip to give the card some dimension, and outlined it with my Sakura glitter pen for some subtle bling.




Once the cards were finished though, the harlequin didn't have nearly the impact it needed and I decided to stamp and punch snowflakes to help with that. But I couldn't decide which layout to use so went with one of each!




These card bases are 5 x 6.5" so it's a nice sized card to include photos and a Christmas letter.  Part of the reason my New Years Resolution was to make less A2 cards and more larger ones, is that I didn't have enough large cards to include a photo of our Granddaughter last Christmas. This year I should easily be able to rectify that.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. All three are gorgeous Karen. I love the red sticker panel as the focal point - it's so striking. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the snowflake placements! I like to make cards a bit different from each other. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday again, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, the papers you used are beautiful and I love the snowflakes. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen, these are so pretty! Love the colours, the pop of red makes them so special. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen