Thursday 19 July 2012

Christmas Card using Merry Monday Sketch #5


 For this week's Merry Monday Challenge, I chose Sketch #5:


I flipped the sketch, and used a layered square & snowflake instead of the circle. Since there were words on the layered square, I didn't also add a sentiment.



My cards are CAS, and completely mail friendly.  The green hounds-tooth  and 'Winter Wonderland' square sticker are from a Christmas Card kit. I cut apart the green patterned card to give me two A2 panels, then trimmed and matted them before attaching to an A2 white card base. The music strip is Washi tape, but I don't know where the snowflakes came from. They may have been Cricut cut - but they were in my (huge) pile of Christmas embellishments so I used them.  :-)   The 2nd card has green grosgrain ribbon instead of the red music tape, but I like the pop of red better.

These cards look better in real person for sure!

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful- like the colours and papers!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards - but I really love the one with the red stripe a little more. The snowflakes peaking out are a lovely touch! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used my favorite sketch, Karen. I really like that houndstooth and the Washi music tape. I also love that these cards are mailable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards, wonderful color combination. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen