Thursday 12 July 2012

Ice Cream Card

Every year in July my Grandpa would take my Mom for an ice cream soda. I try to make her a different ice cream card every July to celebrate, and this is the one I made for her this year:


I used 'A Child's Year' cartridge for this card, cutting the silhouette out of black card stock and the shadow out of yellow. I added some red glitter glue on the top of the ice cream.  The label and card base were also Cricut cut, but I didn't write down which cartridges I used! 


The 5" square card base paper is two sided, and I like the different patterns on the card - it makes it so cheerful! I added some doodle lines and sponged the label as well as ran it through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.


I blurred out the words inside for posting, but they were penned with a red Sharpie marker. I cut a small slit in the spine of the card, which allowed for the red grosgrain ribbon to be passed through and tied around the front of the card.

Now - it must be time for some ice cream!

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. Karen what a lovely story and such a gorgeous card too.Love the glitter on the ice cream.You should join us over at fantabulous Cricut as this week's challenge is Yummy yummy!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen