Tuesday 17 July 2012

White on White Christmas Card

I had a glance through my Christmas card embellishments this morning, and - it's appalling how many I have.  All bought on clearance at different times, but still. Especially with not participating in our Craft Sale this year, there seems to be an over-abundance of them for sure.  Well, at least they won't expire!

I had embossed and hand trimmed these little snowflake rectangles last year, possibly for tag decorating. However, they fit perfectly with this weeks sketch at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog.  


In fact, I made 4 of these cards!  This first one looked better in my head ... I liked the idea of the white panel being partially embossed with snowflakes, in the direction the snowmen were looking. But once I was finished I wasn't all that happy with it.


 For this next one, I used a 5x7 embossing folder ...


It was better, but the deeply embossed background was kind of distracting. So I tried an A2 sized Sizzix embossing folder ...


This one I liked enough to make a 2nd one!  The little banners are in a package of multicoloured ones by Martha Stewart. I've had them for a long time, and I keep using them but the package never really gets any smaller. They must multiply at night when I'm not watching. The words are by Papertrey Ink.


I now have 4 more 5 x 6.5" cards to add to my stash!

This is the (digital) announcement I made for our new little Grandson:


Haha - can you tell I'm very proud and very excited about his arrival?

Thanks for stopping by today.



2 comments:

  1. Nice white on white FTL card! Like the emb snowman images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous Karen, love the embossing and white on white :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen