Sunday 19 August 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge 16, Sympathy Card

You know how much I like to participate in the Dynamic Duo weekly challenges, and this week, the colour challenge really appealed to me:


Now I don't have any River Rock, but I do have Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink) and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with these colours.



I love it when a card comes together this easily - and turns out exactly as you hoped it would. Of course getting to use that beautiful butterfly stamp/punch set (Stampin' Up) pretty much always makes me happy.  What can I say - I'm easy.  ;-)


The 'Dessert Option' this week is brads, and I sort of used it. Since I wanted a Mail Friendly card, I chose to use my Sakura gel pen wherever I would have added brads (or bling) ... and I love how the pen marks catch the light when the card is turned. 

I also really like the tone-on-tone look you get when combining dry embossed card stock with regular pieces -- all the same colour! I wasn't a huge fan of this colour card stock (one of the problems with ordering on-line) but it really worked well for this card and it may end up growing on me.

One more card towards my cousin's card order ...

Thanks for stopping by today.







21 comments:

  1. what a wonderful card!
    And you have a nice new pic!!!!
    Wish you a day with sunshine
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen, love the wispy branch and patterned butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Karen! I love the dimension you added with the pretty embossed panel & the popped up butterfly! The pattern on the butterfly really pops! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So absolutely beautiful, the embossing is amazing! Love that you used these two sets together.
    Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card really touched me, both sentiment and layout are very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Karen! The spray of flowers are perfectly placed and so is the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the tone on tone look as well. Your card is stunning , I love the embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen this is such a gorgeous card! I love the dimension from the butterfly and the added detail from the embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Makes me want to start making cards right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this card on Pinterest today. It's lovely! I may use a similar one in a class soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stamp is that? It is beautiful in black on this gorgeous card. I always have trouble with sympathy cards. This one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp is from a set called "Thoughts and Prayers" (I'm pretty sure) and it's by Stampin' Up.
      Cheers, Karen

      Delete
  12. Wonderful card? You mention that the embossing part was a dry embossing card stock. Did you do the embossing onto card stock or was the paper like that? If you embossed it, may I ask what embossing folder you used? It's very nice.-Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marianne, I used an embossing folder by Sizzix, I believe. It's an older folder and I didn't keep track of their names when I first started collecting them.
    I'm so glad you like the card!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and elegant! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful! This caught my eye right away. Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a lovely card. Please give us the names and sources of the products you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear unknown ... remembering that this card was posted in 2012, I do not remember the name of the embossing folder. You can also scroll through the comments when you are wondering something as often the question has been answered there. The butterfly punch and stamp set (Thoughts & Prayers) are both from Stampin' Up, both retired years ago. That happens in the industry, companies cannot keep bringing in new items and keep all the old ones as well. It's not surprising that supplies from eight years ago are now retired. Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but ... hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen