Monday 20 August 2012

Masculine Gift Wrapping Ideas

I mentioned that my Mom celebrated her 80th Birthday this month, but what I didn't say was that my Dad turned 84 the day before Mom turned 80. So the Birthday Party at our house was for him too! (If you want to see the card I made for him, click HERE).

What do you give a man who has everything?  Well, everything except an income?  We give cash and some favourite candies. That way he has $$ he can use for anything he wants (usually lunch or dinner out) and sweets for whenever he wants.  All the food bases were covered, ha ha.


I pulled out a couple of sheets of patterned paper from my stash - I've had these for YEARS! First I cut a seed-packet envelope (Papertrey Ink die)  to tuck the $$ into.  It needed something on the front, so out came my Tim Holtz ATC die.

I know, I know. I'm perfectly capable of cutting a 2.5 x 3.5" rectangle and rounding the corners and why-on-earth would I purchase a die that does that???  Well I will tell you how I justify almost every single Sizzix type die purchase.  'Because It Can Cut Through Chipboard!!'.  Am I going to make ATC's out of chipboard? Probably not very often - but THAT is not the question. I CAN, so therefore I bought the die.  :-)   And I use it a fair bit -- and one of these days I will make a chipboard one just to say I did.

Anyhow, I cut the ATC from white card stock, stamped it with that fun balloon/cloud/gift stamp (Michaels $1.50 bin) with a Papertrey Ink Surprise Inside stamp over the cloud and popped it up with foam tape. 


I cut a small bag (Tim Holtz die) out of the same paper. This die purchase didn't need to be justified -- I love it and know I will get a lot of use out of it. When I popped the envelope inside though, it kind of disappeared ... and since I wasn't tying the bag onto a larger gift I had to add something to make it 'stick out' of the top of the bag.


A punched oval and stars did the trick, along with the PTI stamp ... 'PULL HERE'.  I decorated the front of the bag with a Tim Holtz bookplate, which cut when I cut the tag for the large box of treats. You can see that tag (stamped and water coloured) in the top photo.


Finally, I added some different candies into an opaque gable box, wrapped it with a strip of the same patterned paper, hand cut a tag and stamped it with the same birthday image. A little water colour on the tags and I was done.


He enjoyed his gifts, I enjoyed wrapping them -- it was win win!  We didn't ask him to open his treats at the party though or he wouldn't have had any to take home with him!

Thanks for stopping by today.






1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen