Wednesday 15 August 2012

Rolodex Retirement Card

One of my daughters favourite co-workers is retiring, and she asked me to make a card for her.


I was happy to oblige! This is a 4.5 x 6" card and the base is a textured soft grey card stock. I bought this Rolodex die on clearance, because I had so many ideas for it. This time I used it as an accent, cutting it out of Kraft card stock and embossing it with a vines embossing folder. 


The bird and branch dies are from Impress (Memory Box, I believe).  I added the little adhesive pearl eye since the card wasn't going through the mail.


 I took the photo before I finished the inside - but I hand lettered the wording to make it special. Heather's friend loved the card, and that is always such a good feeling.

Thanks for stopping by today!




2 comments:

  1. thats a nice idea for a crad
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stunning simplicity of this card Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen