Friday 31 August 2012

Turquoise Loom Knit Scarf

**Edited to add ... I have started a new blog, called Knitting With Looms to feature my loom knit pieces. That way I can elaborate more on the knit posts without boring the paper crafters, and the knitters won't have to wade through a bunch of cards.  I won't delete or move the posts here on knitting, but I won't add any more here.**

Today I have some knitting to share as it's been awhile since I have posted anything non paper related. But my looms have been busy all summer.

Last weekend I enjoyed the sunshine out on our newly enlarged cabin deck, with my Knifty Knitter loom and some beautiful artsy yarn from the yarn shop in Canmore (Knit and Caboodle).  You can see our little Cooper watching for squirrels in the photo.


At a meeting I attended in June, a lady was wearing this sideways knit scarf/cowl/poncho. I loved it and she explained her technique to me. Last month I ordered a fabulous custom made piece from Stephanie at 'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Etc' at Etsy. I have long admired her knit pieces, and when it came - I was surprised to see that it was also a sideways knit item.

I decided to attempt one myself - with no pattern - and was SO pleased with it, I tried a second piece with this beautiful turquoise yarn. ( I'll share the first one another day). This one is more scarf/cowl and less poncho, and in a completely different stitch than my first.


The yarn has a metallic fleck in it, which you can sort of see in the photo below.


Here it is more spread out over the shoulders, and you can get a better look at the stitch pattern.


 Amazing how a circle of plastic with some pegs and some gorgeous yarn can make such a lovely accessory!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. wow thats great looking!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen