Tuesday 2 October 2012

Birdy Baby Card


My parents asked me to make them a baby card & gift card holder when Ethan was born. I turned to this sweet paper stack (by DCWV, I believe) to come up with something special. I didn't want to just use a card from my stash to celebrate our Grandson and their Great Grandson's arrival! Since it was going to be hand delivered, I went with a 6" square card.

The colour is really off the the photo above, the one below is a better representation of the colours. The bird and label are both Sizzix dies, and I tied the matted plaid strip with yellow Bakers Twine before attaching it to the sparkly bird print paper.


I added another strip of the plaid paper inside, and penned in the words ...


From the remainder of the bird print paper, I used a Papertrey Ink die to cut the Gift Card Holder. It was attached inside the card with 2 sided tape.


I love this die - it was so well thought out. Which is one of the reasons I prefer Papertrey Ink dies to almost any other one.  Once the gift card envelope is opened by untucking the flap, you can see there is a little fold up flap at the bottom to keep the card (or cash) from sliding out of the bottom, and a half circle cut into the center top area to keep it from sliding out of the top.


Below is a photo of the little darling, at 6 weeks old. His bib says 'I'm Hungry', which is perfect for him. He is always hungry, and growing like a weed. Just the way you like them.  :-)


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen