Saturday 20 October 2012

Gingerbread Man Tags

I could SEE these cute Gingerbread Man tags in my head, so had to make them up. I stopped myself at making 4, ha ha.



I have had this ginger coloured card stock in my stash for years, and I thought it would work perfectly with the die. I inked the edges of the front as well. Since I like my tags to be really sturdy, I'm doing them in either two layers or adding a punched piece to the back for writing on. On these four tags, I cut the fronts from the ginger card stock and the back from white. The To/From was stamped in red before assembling.


The buttons were stitched right to the gingerbread man tummies with bakers twine. That way I don't have to worry about them popping off if the glue freezes with mailing parcels this winter. Once they were finished, I decided to glitter the white 'icing' with stickles.

I think that similar ones would make ADORABLE tree ornaments - and I have a few ideas floating around in my head for those.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Gingerbread Man die - Sizzix, Tim Holtz
Buttons - Large, Stampin' Up. Small from my stash
Bakers Twine
Ink - Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress and Stampin' Up (red)
To/From stamps - MFT
Ribbons - Creative Packaging, Stampin' Up, Michaels
Ginger Card Stock - custom order many years ago
White card stock - Office Depot




1 comment:

  1. nice as a card- and Gingerbread to eat: fantastic too!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen