Wednesday 3 October 2012

Thank You Card and Gift Cards

Today's share is the set I made for my Sister In Law and hubby to thank them for their hospitality. We stayed with them in Whistler BC back in June and I brought this set with me to leave behind when we left.

The papers were in the 50% off bin at our local scrapbook store and I was smitten with the colours so brought home a couple of sheets. They came in handy for this card set!  First up, the card. It is a 5x7 card with a creamy pale yellow card base.





 I used My Favorite Things dies for the labels, and I think it was a Verve stamp. Also, foam tape and orange Bakers Twine (love).





We wanted to leave them with a gift - something consumable. So once again, I turned to my Papertrey Ink dies.  I cut two gift card holders, and two of these card layers. See how everything works together? The seed packet also fits into these slits ... SO well thought out.





The gift holders were decorated with punch out pieces from coordinating paper (also on clearance) and attached to the gift card holder without interfering with the flap. Putting them onto these card layer (sized for A2) gave them a bit more substance since they were being tucked into a 5x7 card!





Above and below you can see the flap to hold the gift card up and the notch to keep the gift card in. Brilliant.





Like so many people, they frequent Tim Hortons ... so I know they will have enjoyed their gift cards. It was the least we could do as we had a GREAT time with them in Whistler.  :-)




Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the nice pictures!
    hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen