Monday 12 November 2012

Glossy Birch Cards

Here is another card using the same beautiful glossy patterned paper as yesterday's card. I cut both the 12x12" papers in the stack into 6" squares, so I had 8 pieces of glossy patterned paper to work with (four 6" squares from each paper). The sleigh portion from yesterday's card was the bottom left corner of the 12x12 sheet, and today's two cards use the top left.


These cards, however, needed something else besides the glossy birch. I used a Papertrey Ink die and cut the 'Peace' out of kraft card stock and spritzed it with glimmer mist before attaching to the card front.


 The photo below gives you a better idea of the glossy tree.


For the 2nd card, I cut the 'Peace' out of cream felt and I really REALLY liked that look. The soft felt with the stiff glossiness of the birch - perfect!



These two cards use kraft card stock for the 5-1/4" card bases and I know just who I'm going to send these to over the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by today!





2 comments:

  1. love it!
    Hello from Elam

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cards you made from that paper are all so pretty - especially love these two.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen