Thursday 15 November 2012

Snowflake and Penguin Tags

I always like it when I can use my Tim Holtz tag die, and I got a new stamp set that I ADORE. So you can imagine how happy these tags make me.  :-)


I can't take credit for the original idea, I saw similar tags online and since I had a great snowflake punch I knew I could adapt the idea. Each tag is made of two base layers - a white one and a red one and they are held together with red twine and bakers twine.


 I punched the snowflake (Martha Stewart) out of the white tag, then placed a gem in the center on the red backing tag.  'No Peeking' (MFT) was stamped at the bottom edge in red.


 The penguins were stamped twice onto scrap white card stock - once in black and once in red. The black penguin was fussy cut, as was the red hat and scarf. Then they were attached together with Stampin' Up Dimensionals. I've mentioned before how much I love these - they give height without giving too much height. Love 'em.


Finally, I stamped the To/From label (Fiskars) onto scrap white card stock with red ink, cut them out and attached them to the red tag.

These were fun to make and they just make me happy - they could easily be my favourite tags so far!

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. so nice stamp- you make a lot of christmastags- so many gifts you make?

    hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen