Thursday 30 May 2013

Birthday Penguin Card

I had SO much fun making this card for a friend's birthday.  A friend who likes penguins!!


I used the rectangle Sizzix Flip-It's die, turned so it pulls open from the top instead of the side.  The top edge is fairly narrow, and I was worried that it might tear while repeatedly opening the card. To remedy this, I cut a 2" wide strip of purple patterned paper and scored it down the center at 1".  Then I slipped it over the top edge lining up the bottom edges of the strip with rectangle window on the card. Works like a charm.



I am such a fan of the critters at Stamps By Judith, so I loved getting out this sweet penguin again.


The little hanging banners are also a from a Sizzex die, they are folded over a piece of Bakers Twine, which is threaded right into the white panel. The banner flips and moves as the rectangle does.


I couldn't resist adding a little bling - it's a birthday celebration after all!

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen