Friday 12 July 2013

Sue's Card for July First

Today's share is the card I sent to Sue for our July 1st mailing.  (For those that don't know, my friend Sue lives in a city a few hours away and we pop something in the mail to each other on the first of each month).

At first I was going to leave the front blank, letting the large glittered flower take center stage, but once I finished the inside I decided to add this little birdcage (Tim Holtz) and birds (Memory Box).


I used a Sizzix Pop N Cuts base for the outside, but no insert on the inside. I just love the tall top fold A2 card, with the rounded corners. It was easy to cut it perfectly using the Pop N Cuts die and a 12x12" double sided paper!


The large birdcage (Tim Holtz) was cut out of lightly patterned vellum, and I used the Sizzix banner die/stamp set for those little flags in the upper left corner.  I love those things ... they just add a little somethin' somethin'  :-)


The word stamp is by Papertrey Ink. After stamping it on a scrap of patterned paper from the same K&Co stack, I cut it out with a Sizzix Framelit. I stamped in again on another scrap, trimmed the word WORLD from the 2nd image and popped it up over the fancy label words.  Another tiny bird was attached to the right side of the banner. (I scissor cut the angles on that.) 


I always like making something for Sue, since she appreciates the effort and truly enjoys the final product.

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS and scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. like this card beautiful colours!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the pop'n cut alone as a card base and the large bird cage over the bird on the paper. Always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen