Friday 26 July 2013

Umbrella Flip-It Card

I am SO happy with my new stamp sets from 'The Stamps Of Life'. (THANKS Stephanie!!)

You may remember my disappointment in the Papertrey Ink wreath set, at how small the images were.  Well not with these ones - the main images are big enough to hold their on on a card and that was a happy surprise.

For my first card using the stamps, I HAD to pair them with a Sizzix Flip-It die. Would you believe that I did not own an umbrella stamp? In the thousands and thousands of stamps I DO own, I have never had an umbrella one so that was the first set I wanted to play with.  The set is called 'umbrella4you' and it has fun sentiments as well as umbrella and raindrop images.


The Flip-It base was cut from double sided paper with a shiny embossed pattern on the front.  I used a Spellbinders circle die for the white layers, running them through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. 

The umbrella was stamped on a scrap of white card stock, using a rainbow ink pad. The middle section is a separate stamp, and comes with both a solid and a polka-dot image. Fun Fun FUN! I fussy cut the pieces out, then outlined the edges with a Sakura gel pen. I like the subtle shimmer that gives the umbrella. (Can't wait to emboss one with clear embossing powder to make it nice and shiny!!!)


The sentiment is from the same stamp set, but the 'it pours' part is actually below the 'When it rains' part.  I inked and stamped them separately and it worked perfectly for the hand trimmed banner.

For the inside, I added another Swiss Dots embossed circle, a sun punched from sparkly orange paper, and added the sentiment 'this too shall pass' from the same stamp set 'umbrella4you'.


See that cute label? I punched it out (Stampin' Up punch) from a scrap of white card stock, then stamped the lines from 'lines2journal'. Gives a nice place too add a short note and signature.  LOVING the line stamps.  :-)

Also, I tried to clear emboss raindrops (umbrella4you set) but the powder melted right into the paper! Now this could be due to a number of factors - the age of my Top Boss ink pad, the paper itself or overheating the powder.  Which I didn't do - so strange! But I like the tone-on-tone look in that upper left corner.


 What a great card to send to someone that needs a lift.  Into my stash it goes...

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section. I have also added a Stamps of Life category


Thanks for stopping by today - Happy Friday!!


1 comment:

  1. nice card1 Wish to have a little rain here- it is too hot!
    Hugs
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen