Monday 12 August 2013

Masculine Birthday Card (FTL120)

Guess what I figured out how to do yesterday? I did some research, and added the coding to my blog template which will allow you to pin any of my cards to your Pinterest boards.   If you hover your mouse over any card photo, the red Pinterest button will appear at the top right. Simply click it and choose which of your boards you want to pin the card to.  I'm pretty excited to have figured this out!
EDITED:  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to 'pin' a photo from an iPhone or iPad, so this only works for computers or laptops. I'm sure Pinterest is working on this, at least every iPad user that is on Pinterest is hoping so!

Today is Masculine Card Monday, and I have a couple of birthday cards to share using the sketch FTL120 from the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog. I made several similar cards at the same time using this sketch, and it's one of my go-to sketches to use with patterned paper.



It's hard to see in the photo, but the top leaf is gold glitter embossed felted paper! Leave it to K&Co. 


Instead of a ribbon, I tied a knot in a strip of hand made paper from Nepal.


The 2nd card uses leaves from the same K&Co pack, and the same knotted hand made paper. The sketch makes really good use of scraps of patterned paper!




Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I thought I'd stop by to say thanks for leaving your lovely comment on my oldredshed blog..... Thank you:)
    You have some lovely cards on here that I will be blatantly copying!!

    Ps I would love the code for the Pinterest widget...where did you get it from/how did you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog this morning. I really appreciate them. Your masculine birthday card is really nicely done! Love the plaid paper and the polka dots. The die cut leaves are also a nice touch and the different papers you've cut them out of make them look totally different! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen