Sunday 24 November 2013

Acorn Thanksgiving Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends!

Pop-up cards are not new to me. In fact, I used to go into our kids schools at least once a year and teach the kids how to make a basic pop-up card. I'd haul all my stamps, ink pads, sponges etc and the kids would have fun learning stamping techniques and pop-ups. Oh, and Explosion Cards - they loved those too. Good times.

That being said, I haven't made a pop-up card in many years - for no other reason than I never thought to do it.  Enter Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cut dies which I bought when we were visiting Arizona in the Spring.  Now unless I'm making my bulk cards for Seniors Secret Service -- I'm having trouble making a card that ISN'T a pop-up!


Today's share is the Thanksgiving card I sent to my friend Sue.  I have had this package of K&Co cut-away cards for quite awhile but haven't used too many of them. Now that pop-ups are on my brain, I attached two together and made a basic pop-up card...



The labels were stamped and cut and inked, and I attached the little die-cut acorn, stamped words and a scalloped die cut border.


The metal 3-d sticker on the front was in a package I found at Michaels - it worked perfectly for the front of the card.


I was pretty happy with how the card turned out, and now I'm looking at the whole package of those patterned cards with new eyes.


Supplies used:
Patterned Card - K&Co
3-d sticker - Recollections
Label dies - My Favorite Things
Happy Thanksgiving stamp - unknown
Grateful stamp - Stampin' Up
Acorn die - Memory Box
Scalloped border die - My Favorite Things

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen