Wednesday 20 November 2013

Joy Banner

Good morning friends!

Today's share is my third project for Karen Burniston's Sizzix Designer Challenge "Crafting Red with Stitched Framelits"  I decided to make a holiday banner...


The letters were cut out with a Sizzix die from sparkly glimmer paper and embellished with 3-d stickers from K&Co.


I chose to use Karen's Labels and Stitched Frames (from her Snippets collection) for the base and layers, adding a stitching line to the base layer with one of the coordinating dies in the set.


I quickly went over the lines with a sharp brown pencil crayon ... just to give them some oomph. This takes just seconds, since the debossed stitch lines are already there. Some people stitch on their cards and some don't. I don't - but I sure like having dies to give me the LOOK of stitching!


I have a couple of places that to tie this banner on when I go to decorate for the holidays - and I'm thinking they might make nice gifts too! Dies make them so easy to cut perfectly, and decorate assembly line style.


Supplies used: (Sizzix links are clickable)
Labels and Stitched Frames - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Glimmer paper - Michaels
3-d stickers - K&Co
Cherry Cobbler seam binding - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up (retired)


Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen