Monday 25 November 2013

Thanksgiving Treat Bags

Good morning friends!

This year I made little treat bags to put at everyone's place for our Thanksgiving dinner. I had purchased the Tim Holtz "In the Bag" die many months ago and I haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would.  These bags were all cut from Kraft card stock ...


I kept them fairly simple since really, my family just wants the treats inside. These were more because I wanted to do them as part of my table decorations, than they would mean 'so much' to the family. The one exception would be my Mom - I know SHE loved them, and took both hers and Dad's home with them after dinner. :-)  (Our Canadian Thanksgiving was last month.)


Just for fun, I did try an extra one with an embossing folder and that was really cute. But I didn't have the time to run each of the THIRTEEN bags through twice with an embossing folder. I just tucked the idea away for another time, because these little bags make great Gift Card Holders!


I decorated the fronts with die cut leaves, a label to pen their name, a glittery sticker and a Bakers Twine Bow.  Inside were little cello bags filled with Candy Corn, which was also tied off with Bakers Twine.

I wish I'd had the camera out and focused on Olivia when she saw she was getting a whole BAG of treats.  This Gramma has a sensible side too though, and Olivia and Ethan's cello bags were quite a bit smaller than the adult ones.  :-)


Supplies used:
Bag die - Tim Holtz "In The Bag", Sizzix
Kraft card stock - Michaels
Leaves die - "Autumn Accent's, Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Basic Grey 
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Leaf Stickers - Jolee's Boutique

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. nice card and giftbacks for thanksgiving
    elam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what a FUN treat bags you've made! I'm sure they all enjoyed receiving them!

    I laughed at your comment, I also have this die & have only used it once.
    Actually, I have SO many dies that I have yet to use, even the pop-up ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen