Wednesday 11 December 2013

Four Wine Bottle Hangers

Good morning friends ... I'm going to 'cut and paste' my Facebook post here:

Yesterday's update on Dad wasn't very encouraging. They are still trying to figure out why he continues to have blood in his urine, and they sent him for a cat-scan this afternoon in case he bumped his head as well when he fell. The Dr. is concerned about how slow Dad's speech is and wants to be sure it's only the Parkinson's and not a brain injury. Dad was very groggy, and while he knew Mom and Glen were there, he wasn't really communicating. Tomorrow is another day.

 Today's share is a group of random Wine Bottle Hangers I made a couple of weeks ago ...


I know they don't match each other, but they won't be going to the same house at the same time anyhow.

This first one uses a Karen Burniston embossing folder and a segment of her coordinating border die. The black is actually charcoal grey Stardream, which has a beautiful pearlized finish.  I added a few flat gem stickers for some sparkle and shine.


I used another one of Karen Burniston's embossing folders for this 2nd Wine Bottle Hanger, stamping words on the blank label area. The die cut martini glass was outlined with a Sakura gel pen for some sparkle and I added more of the flat gem stickers to mimic bubbles. I know martini's don't bubble ... artistic license, you know.


On the third one, this music background paper is completely sparkly and shimmery. It was just a scrap leftover from another project and it fit perfectly on the Wine Bottle Hanger! The 'Cheers'  is by Stampin' Up ... I love that fun set.  Another die cut glass (MFT) and more sticker 'bubbles' on this one ...


On the final Wine Bottle Hanger,  I added strips of Glimmer Paper, as well as cutting the glass out of the same paper. LOVE how it looks, but I've said before how much I like the Stampin' Up Glimmer Paper. A staple in my studio now.


Supplies used:
Wine Bottle Hanger die, and glasses - My Favorite Things
Happy Hour stamp - My Favorite Things
Embossing Folder - Textured Impressions, Trellis & Swirls set (Trellis one used here) - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Chevron border die - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Embossing Folder - Textured Impressions,  Sassy & Circle label set (Sassy Label one used here)    Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Cheers stamp - Stampin' Up
Glimmer Paper - Stampin' Up
Flat gem stickers - Elizabeth Craft Designs


Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen