Wednesday 25 December 2013

Ornament Pop 'n Cut Cards

Merry Christmas!!

I scheduled this post because I knew I wouldn't likely be on the computer today.  :-)  I'm looking forward to spending time with family, watching Olivia and Ethan enjoy their new Christmas goodies, and we will all visit my Dad in the hospital.

I have used the Tim Holtz ornament die frequently on my Christmas cards, but I've never stacked the two ornaments together before as I did on the card on the right.  I really liked how it turned out and I made a few more that I will share another day. Both ornaments were cut out of red sparkly paper, the smaller one was layered over the long ornament and attached with foam tape, then I outlined the edges with Stickles. Really - can you have too much sparkle on a Christmas card? I certainly don't think so.  :-)


On this first card, I was able to 'hang' 3 of the smaller ornaments in the sticker package on a strip of sparkly patterned paper.


Everything about these cards sparkle ... there is glitter embedded in some of the papers, or they have embossed and shiny areas. It's always hard to capture that on camera though. 



Look how cool the ornaments look when stacked with the short one over the long one - love it!  Both cards are Pop 'n Cut cards, using Karen Burniston's A2 Pop 'n Cut die with the Funky Label insert.




The stickers are by K&Co ... I found them on clearance after the holidays last year and I'm so glad I did because they animate perfectly on the Pop 'n Cut inserts!


I hope you enjoy your day, no matter how you celebrate.


(Remember you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it, Pop N Cut and Accordion Flip cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

Supplies used:
A2 Pop 'n Cut Base with Funky Label Insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Funky Label Framelits - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Label die - Butterflies & Labels - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Patterned Paper - They were separated from the stack, so either MME or DCWV
3-D stickers - K&Co
Word stamps - My Favorite Things
Ornaments die - Tim Holtz (Sizzix)
Red acetate snowflake - K&Co
Stickles
Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful!
    Enjoy the kids and christmas
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun Christmas Card ... Merry Christmas Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen