Wednesday 5 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Good morning friends!

I mentioned cutting out several Valentine's back in November, using a new Valentine paper stack and my Pop 'n Cut dies. When I went to make up the Valentine's I also wanted to incorporate some of Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups dies, so chose the decorator dies that come with the Heart Pivot.

I hand cut the banner from the polka-dot paper, then die cut the heart from it and backed it with white card stock. A silver puffy heart sticker nestled right in there, and I added a Glitter Dot Peel-Off from Elizabeth Craft Designs for some sparkle.  Love those glittery dots ... all the bling of an adhesive backed gem without any of the bulk. You know I like my cards to be mail friendly!



I used another decorator die from the Heart Pivot set to cut the heart shape from the circle label. I added bits of foam tape around the edge, and backed it with pink card stock. Then I added some glitter glue around the edge and 3 more Glitter Dots. I also used the Agatha Edges die to cut the top and bottom edges of the insert.

Two more hearts from the Heart Pivot shape provided me with a place to add a note and sign our names, so I added glitter glue around the edge of that one as well.


It needed a little something above the circle label, so I stamped Happy Valentine's and added a heart fussy cut from that sparkly heart printed paper I've been using so much.




I think it's wonderful that Karen Burniston made sure that her new Pop it Ups line will still work with her older Pop 'n Cuts. 




Supplies used:
A2 Pop 'n Cut Base with the included Circle Label - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Heart shapes - 775 Heart Pivot, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fancy Edge - 782 Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stamp - Printworks
Glitter Glue
Glitter Dots - 7018, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned Paper - Crate Paper
Sparkly Heart - fussy cut from a sheet of patterned paper by K & Co


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. love the way you create this card with the new edges
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart to combine Pop 'n Cuts with Pop it Ups! You make such pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen