Friday 7 February 2014

Lots of Hearts Valentine Pop-UP Card

Good morning friends!

I'm back today with another Valentine, using a Pop 'n Cuts card with Pop it Ups Accessory dies.

What's the difference between the two? Both collections are by Karen Burniston, but the Pop 'n Cuts is an older collection by Sizzix.  They are the large, bulky steel ruled dies.  The Pop it Ups is Karen's new collection through Elizabeth Craft Designs. These dies are wafer thin and YOU get to decide on the size of your card and where on the fold you want to place your interactive feature! Also - the Pop it Ups collection comes WITH the decorator dies for layering and embellishing. Karen Burniston made sure that this first collection of Pop it Ups will work with her Pop 'n Cuts ...for instance the butterfly and the hearts are the same shape. This lady thinks of everything, let me tell you. It's so much fun being on her Designer Challenge Team.


I cut out most of my Valentine's back in November when I had this new paper stack, decorating them last week with lots of goodies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Like these amazingly sparkly heart Peel-Off stickers. You could almost wear them as jewelry, they are so pretty.  :-)


To echo the gold outline on the heart Peel-Off's, I added a pretty gold border Peel-Off as well. What an easy peasy way to add some glam to a card. Even with all the sparkle, this is a completely mail friendly card! Into an A6 sized envelope (the card is 4-1/2 x 6") with one stamp. You are going to be seeing a lot more Peel-Off's in my future projects!


Here is a peek at the inside, where you can see I cut the top and bottom edge of the inside piece with the Agatha Edge die. I love that little extra detail the edge dies give your cards.


I cut a gold metallic paper Circle Label from the coordinating Framelit dies, then used a Decorator Die from the Heart Pivot set to cut the heart window. I backed it with a scrap piece of pink patterned paper, and added some more Peel-Off stickers before popping it up with foam tape.

I stamped the words on the left side of the white card stock strip, so I would have room to sign on the right. I added more Peel-Off border stickers to that white strip, to dress it up a little more.





Ahhh, Glitter Dots - I love those things. Did you know you can change the colour of your Peel-Offs? Yup - with Copic markers and even Sharpies! I didn't do that on this card, but I have been playing around with that idea a bit. Just sayin' ...



Supplies used:
A2 Pop 'n Cut base with included circle label insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Label die - Labels and Stitched Circles - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Heart die from the Heart Pivot set, 775 Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Agatha Edge die, 782 Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Red Heart Peel-Offs - 1139, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - 7018, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold Border Peel-Off -7010, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamp - Michaels
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
Gold metallic paper - my stash
Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Karen, what a SWEET Valentine card.
    I love all the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I agree that the sparkly stickers from ECD are so pretty. They add such a pop to any project. Love this combo of PNCs and PIUs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pop up cards
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cards that are posted. I love seeing the fronts of the pop it ups. I am struggling with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are rockin' combining the Pop It Ups with the Pop N Cuts ... another gorgeous Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled the new stuff can be used with the old--- yeah!!! especially since I just discovered the old as new before this current release. I'm so glad she's switched to thin dies for more streamline storage and including all the decorative goodies in the set. What a great designer Karen is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those heart peel off - what a dazzling sparkle they have ----got to get me some of those too. Great card with a wonderful color combo, great explanation on the Pop N Cuts in comparison to the Pop It Ups - wonderfully put.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen