Saturday 29 March 2014

Friendship Accordion

Good morning friends!

I had the opportunity to have lunch with Kelly Booth this week - she was in Phoenix for a few days.  Kelly and I are both on the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Team and the Elizabeth Craft Designs Team ... and I'm a huge fan of hers.  I wanted to bring her a little something, so made a Fancy Label Accordion card.


I cut two Accordion panels from this beautiful floral patterned paper. Then I used some other Elizabeth Craft Design (ECD) products  ...  Black Peel-Off's, Double Sided Adhesive and Cool Diamond Microfine Glitter.  Once the glitter was polished in (with my finger) the images were ready for colouring.


I received a package of Tombow Dual Brush Pens (THANKS TOMBOW) to use on a project for a joint Tombow and Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog Hop next month. The package I chose was called 'Manga' ... and I used those markers and the Tombow Blender Pen to colour the images. Tip - let them dry. I didn't realize that they would need some drying time so there are a few errant fingerprints. Sorry Kelly!

Below is the card closed ... I like how you can see the word 'friend' when the card is closed.


I was trying to decide what little embellishments I could add in the corners, and decided to use these solid black Peel-Off's with the same card stock/double sided adhesive/glitter technique. I added spots of colour with the Tombows then moved the colour around with the Blender Pen. Then I cut them out, leaving a sparkly border and added orange Glitter Dots to the centers.



Here is what the card looks like opened ...


You can see I chose the scalloped frame edge on the inside ... the set comes with three you can choose from! I added little pen dots using the fine point end of the Tombow markers. Since you can see the back when the card is closed, I like to decorate the right side a little ... and I used the solid frame edge for the front (see the first picture).


I added a little banner across the top right corner, using banner pieces cut with the Lots of Pops die, also by Karen Burniston. I added tiny strips of glittered card stock that were leftover from cutting out the main images, then a couple of Glitter Dots were also attached. Since I love the Glitter Dots so much ... I ended up adding them to the girl & crown images too.


I coloured directly on a scrap of water colour paper with two of the Tombow markers, then used a water brush to blend the colours together for an ombre look. When it was dry, I stamped the 'Hello friend' and trimmed it to add to the accordion.



The girl/crown images were fussy cut then attached to popped up labels. I love that the Pop it Ups Accordion dies come with the decorator dies for layering.


Finally, here is a look at the card from the top and the back ...



I coloured directly on the rubber with two different Tombows for the Peachy Keen image and hand wrote a message on the other one.


I sure enjoyed meeting an on-line friend face-to-face, and hope we can do it again sometime.

Supplies used:
Fancy Label Accordion - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fancy Accordion Edges - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Lots of Pops (Banners) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - We R Memory Keepers
Flower Peel-Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - 7018 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Double Sided Adhesive - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Tombow Dual Brush Pens (markers)
Tombow Blender Pen
Foam tape
Word Stamps - Stampin 'Up
Bakers twine


Thanks for stopping by today!





6 comments:

  1. I'll bet you guys are the queens of glitter! Such a sweet card to give to Kelly, glad you both were able to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to get to meet up and chat....and I ADORE that card will treasure it always!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a sweetheart, Karen! Super sweet card to give to Kelly :)
    And I would love to meet each and every one of you, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita - wouldn't a Group Meet be FUN?
      Cheers
      Karen

      Delete
  4. what a fun card ... what better card to give from one glitter Queen to another :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such sweet card! like the glitter on it
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen