Sunday 4 May 2014

Butterfly Pivot Sympathy Card

Good morning friends!

Before I get to today's share, you might have noticed that I have added a new 'blinkie' to the right side of my blog ... Crazy 4 Challenges. I've been invited to join their Design Team and I'm pretty excited! I love sharing inspiration with all of you, and there is no shortage of it over there. Not only do you get to see the Design Team projects -- you get to see links to what their followers post for the challenges too! Be sure to check it out.

Today I have another sympathy card to share. Unfortunately this is the third friend to lose their mother. Dottie was a friend of mine as well, and she will certainly be missed. Since the family are nature lovers, I chose the Butterfly Pivot die to make my card.




I added Glitter dots to the tiny butterfly bodies, but since I didn't have black ones I coloured these with a black Sharpie marker.  The two larger butterfly bodies were cut using the Velvet Sheets from Elizabeth Craft Designs.


Finally, here is a look at the card from the top and the back view ...




I sure hope I don't have to make any more sympathy cards for awhile.

Supplies used:
Card size - Standard A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2)
Butterfly Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Scallop Border die - MFT
White card stock
Patterned paper - Recollections (PAPER)
Black Velvet Self Adhesive Sheet (Butterfly body) 8 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - 7018 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black Sharpie
Corner Rounder punch - Creative Memories
Word stamps - The Stamps of Life

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. This makes a beautiful sympathy card. Glad you are excited about being a 'crazy'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen