Friday 30 May 2014

Cupcake Flip-It Birthday Card

Good morning friends!

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and today's share is a Flip-It card I made for a friend.


For the cupcake, I added a Peel-Off sticker to some 90 # water colour paper. I added colour with Tombow Markers blended with a Dove blender pen and let it dry for a few hours. After fussing cutting it out, I placed it face down on scrap paper and went around the outside edge with a black Sharpie marker. This helps hide the white edges from the water colour paper.  Then, I added some glitter with my Wink of Stella pen.


While I love my Flip-It dies, this rectangle one has a narrow (1/4") left edge and it just feels too flimsy for me. To remedy it I usually add a wider strip, which is what I did here. I doubled the yellow printed paper and cut it with  a scalloped border die. Then I sandwiched the narrow edge in between the yellow scalloped border pieces. I added some punched banners and a stamped, doodled border.


The Stitched Journal Card die fits perfectly on the rectangle, and the Stitched Label die fits pretty nicely on that ... so I stacked them and popped up the cheerful cupcake.


Here is a look at the flip side ... I added another Stitched Journal card piece, a die cut ATC with a doodled stamp at the bottom, and a banner with Happy Birthday stamped on it.



I hope 'B" has a wonderful birthday, and enjoys getting some Happy Mail from me in time for her special day.

Supplies used:
Rectangle Flip-It - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Stitched Journal Card & Banner dies - Lawn Fawn
ATC die - Tim Holtz
Scalloped Border die - The Stamps Of Life
Stitched Label die - Paper Smooches
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
White card stock
Patterned card stock - DCWV
Cupcake Peel-Off - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Water colour paper
Tombow Markers
Dove Blender pen
Happy Birthday stamp - Stampin' Up
Doodled border stamp - MFT
Wink of Stella


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. fabulous card
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous Friday Flip-its, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky recipient, a bright and cheerful card with a low cal cupcake. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen