Wednesday 6 August 2014

Sweet Baby Boy Pop Up Card

Good morning friends!


I have a baby boy card to share today, made using a Halloween paper stack. I thought the colours were perfect for a little boy card, and I loved the sparkle and shine of the embedded glitter and embossed bits.

I added some hand lettering and die cut stars to the front, as well as trimmed the edges with the Agatha Edges border die.



Inside, I used the Lucy Label Pop Up, and some pretty cloud paper from the same stack. The clouds print with the sparkly stars is just SO sweet!


I made the banner using one of the label Decorator Dies that come with in the Lucy Label Pop it Ups set, folded in half over the Bakers Twine.


I die cut slots in the pop up bump, using the slot dies from Lucy Label Pop Up set, then attached strips of acetate to the stars. The strips go down through the slots and allow the stars to wobble and bob behind the pop up! (They are anchored at the card base).


The shadow box 3-D sticker was in my stash, I just added a fussy cut star to the acetate on the front of the sticker to tie it in better.



Finally, I added a cloud rub-on. These were a gift so it was fun to get them out and use them.


Into my stash with this one … I'm going to be in need of Baby Boy cards come September!

Supplies used:
Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"
779 Lucy Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
782 Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Star die, Movers and Shapers Stars and Circles set - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Patterned paper - Recollections 
Turquoise card stock - scrap
Cream textured card stock - DCWV
Cloud Rub-Ons - Studio Calico
3-d sticker - my stash
Bakers Twine
Welcome Little One stamp - Fiskars
Transparency scraps


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen