Wednesday 31 December 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs December Designer Challenge

Good morning friends

Today is a big day ... it's time for the December Designer Challenge at Elizabeth Craft Designs! This will be the last Designer Challenge with the current ECD Design Team - I can't believe how quickly the time went by.

Joset's challenge this month was to use "Shimmer Sheetz and Glitter" - both are staples in the Elizabeth Craft Designs product line. We were also to use their new Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape - which is a fabulous product. I've been doing so much Christmas lately, I wanted to create something different for the challenge and came up with this pretty tag.


I love making tags, and the new Tags & More dies make it so easy to create a variety of tags. My tag today uses the Tags & More 1 - Lace.  These dies cut just the top so your tag can be as long as you want it to be.  I was using a 6 x 6" paper stack, so my tag is 3-1/4 x 6".

The new Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Tape is transparent, so I added a strip to the front of the same patterned paper as I cut the decorative tag from and added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. When it was polished in with my fingers, I was left with a subtly patterned glitter paper. Perfect! I cut two strips from this paper, one for the top and one for the bottom edge. The top one was then cut with the pretty lacy decorator die from the Tags & More - 1 Lace set.


The dragonfly silhouette was cut from Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, and I cut the overlay from another piece of the glittered patterned paper. I love how the Shimmer Sheetz catches the light when the card is turned - it's so unexpected when you first look at the tag. The dragonfly was popped up onto another die cut tag which was also popped up with foam tape onto the base tag.

I added a piece of the transparent double sided adhesive tape to another piece of the same Shimmer Sheetz and die cut the word HELLO. Note, I used the metal adapter plate for the Shimmer Sheetz die cutting.



Then, since the challenge seemed to lend itself to 'Shimmer and Shine', I added Glitter Dots and gold Peel-Off borders.

It's been an honour to have been on the Design Team for Elizabeth Craft Designs this year - be sure to  follow ECD on FaceBook to keep up on all the happenings in the New Year. I'm sure there will be lots of exciting new product and probably some new faces too!

THANK YOU to Els and Joset for this wonderful opportunity. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your wonderful products.

Supplies:
951 Tags & More -1 Lace  -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
763 Tags  -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
707 Dragonfly Silhouette   -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
708 Dragonfly Overlay   -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
7018 Glitter Dots (Pink and Transparent/Silver) -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
1167 Borders Assored Peel-Off in  Gold  -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
787 Hello die  -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter  -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
508 Transparent Double Sided Tape -  Elizabeth Craft Designs
SS104 Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Prima
Kraft card stock - Recollections
Seam Binding

Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the background colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! You start with a wonderful card!
    Thanks for your nice comment
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. Love all the sparkle & shimmer. Best wishes fo a Happy, Healthy, 2015.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen