Saturday 27 December 2014

Glittering Snowman Holiday Card

Good morning friends

Now that all those Post-It labels are gone from my new Craft Room, I can start to tidy up some of the little piles that have been accumulating.

Today's share is a Christmas card made using bits and pieces from my stamping table.  When I first purchased the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheets, I wanted to try the ECD Silk Microfine Glitter over stamping. Worked like a charm!  Because it is transparent, my snowmen are as white as the card stock layer on the other side of the double sided adhesive sheet.  I immediately fussy cut a couple of these sparkly, stamped snowmen but didn't have a chance to do anything else with them.  When I saw these scraps of patterned paper in the same colours as I had coloured one of the snowman I knew I had a card in the making.


This is a larger card - 5-1/2 x 6".  I make my Mom's Christmas cards for her every year, and she usually prefers flat cards instead of pop-ups so this is the first one I have ready for her for next year. (For some reason the blue on the card stock panel looks very turquoise ... it is from the same paper stack and matches the card much better than it looks in the photo.)


I added some black glitter dots for eyes and buttons, and red ones around the holly.  You know I love those Glitter Dots! The glittered snowman was coloured with Copic markers.

Supplies:
White folded card
White card stock
Blue card stock and patterned paper - SEI
Snowman - Hero Arts
Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheets - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots (Red and Black) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Copic Markers

Thanks for stopping by today!




2 comments:

  1. what a cute snowman and even cuter for being all glittered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such funny snowman on your card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen