Wednesday 25 February 2015

'You Make Me Smile' Accordion Card

Good morning friends

Elizabeth Craft Designs has new Peel-Off's that coordinate with some of Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups dies. I just had to play with these pretty Flower Vases again, so adhered them to water colour paper. I thought I'd try using pencil crayons and Gamsol, but they just didn't blend as nicely as I was hoping ... so I ended up going over the flowers and vases with my Tombow Markers and a wet brush.


When Els designs the Peel-Off's, she often puts little goodies in the spaces ... and that is where I got these bees from. They come on the Roses in Oval Peel-Off's ... so I adhered them to cream card stock and added colour with Tombow's.  To get the glitter on their wings, I added glue from a glue pen then sprinkled on the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  Once the glue was dry I lightly polished the glittered areas with my fingers to bring out the shine.

I used the new Accordion Rectangle with the new Katie Flourish Frame Edges to create the card. To make the Edges easy to adhere, I backed the green patterned paper with transparent double sided adhesive sheets then die cut them. The thin liner on the new ECD double sided adhesive makes them SO easy to die cut.


Here is the card open ... I added border Peel-Off's down each side, and coloured in the open circles with a Tombow marker.


This is the back of the card when it is closed up ... the front is in the top picture, above.



Supplies:
972 Accordion Rectangle, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
977 Katie Flourish Frame Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
2590 Flower Vases -1 Peel Off's in black - Elizabeth Craft Designs
7018 Glitter Dots in Transparent Silver - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1167 Border's Assorted  Peel Off's in black - Elizabeth Craft Designs
WP903 90# Water Colour paper - Elizabeth Craft Designs
502 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheets
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pencil Crayons, Gamsol and a blending stump
Tombow markers
Words - Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper - Momenta


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. wonderful card - looks so nice
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bright colors you used on the peel off stickers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen