Sunday 4 October 2015

Beach Tent Card

Good morning friends

Designer Challenge Teammate Frances Burne made a Tent Card using one of Karen Burniston's Accordion die sets, and I immediately had to make one as well. I am hooked, and have made several! It's taking awhile for me to get them posted here on my blog though.

My friend Sue and I used to pop something in the mail to each other on the first of each month, but with our move and the severity of my Rheumatism we had to put it on hold. Her life was crazy busy as well but we are both at a point now where we are able to start up again. This is the card I sent her for September 1st.

My first Tent Card (which I haven't shared yet) I did a little differently, leaving the oval piece attached in the centre rather than removing it for a large oval window. But for this one, I thought I would try it with the opening.


I added a bunch of stickers from a 12 x 12 scrapbook kit - ones I didn't think I'd use on a Pop-Up card. They worked perfectly for the Tent Card though!


Here is a side view ...

On the back I added a journal card from one of the patterned papers in the stack, stamping 'Life's a Beach'. I added Pan Pastels around it for a pop of yellow.


I had lot of fun with PanPastels on the envelope as well.


Thankfully, even though summer is nearing an end, she received her card when the weather was still hot and sunny.


Supplies:
Accordion Circle, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Beach Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Tape, 1/4" width
White card stock
Patterned paper and stickers - Echo Park
PanPastels
Hairspray (to set Pastels)
Life's a Beach stamp - Michaels


Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

  1. Fine that you are back and show us 2 new wonderful cards !
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun tent card, glad you are enjoying them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen