Wednesday 30 December 2015

Sparkling Menorah Card

Good morning friends

This year I found myself scrambling to get our Hanukkah cards finished in time ... and I discovered that I was ready for some new Hanukkah supplies as well.  When they arrived, I got to work making a card to have ready for next year:


The stamped circle is popped up with foam tape, and I added glitter glue to the '8'.


Here is a look at the inside, with this beautiful sparkling Menorah. I used the little Pop-Up platform that comes with Karen Burniston's new Basket/Barrel Pop-Up to animate the Menorah. That little Pop-Up die is going to come in REALLY handy for all kinds of things!


The Menorah die is beautiful but it was frustrating to cut. I probably had to run it through my machine at least 6 times, turning it around and moving it on the cutting pads in order to FINALLY get it to cut all the way through. I hoped it was because of the silver glitter paper, but I cut a navy one to back it so it would be nice and sturdy and had the same problem.


I have other Hanukkah cards to make for next year, but there is lots of time and I'll do it later in 2016.

Supplies
Menorah - Spellbinders
Stitched edge - My Favorite Things
Blue card stock - stash
Confetti card stock
Basket Pop-Up (Pop-Up Platform)- Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stitched Circle - My Favourite Things
Stamp on front - CASual Fridays
Fun foam
Stickles


Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I was tempted by the menorah, but my patience is limited. ECD dies are virtually effortless, so I'll stay in my comfort zone. Thank you for the inspiration. Looking forward to more of your creations in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hanukah cards you create, love the menorah you used on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card
    Wish you all the best for 2016!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen