Sunday 27 March 2016

Peeps Easter Card Duo

Good morning friends

I broke down this year and bought some new Easter stamps. And I'm loving them! These cute Peeps stamps are from the Simon Says Stamp March 2016 Card Kit. I've never bought one of their card kits before and I was very impressed with the value. Plus, those Peeps are just TOO CUTE!


I went over the Peeps with a Wink of Stella then just played around with different layouts. I have a little baggie of stamped and die cut Peeps ready for next year - or whoever I think a Peep might be needed. Ha!


Funny story about this striped paper. I ordered 2 sheets because there are clouds on the reverse side and it didn't matter to me that there were stripes on the back. I wanted the clouds. Well when I got the paper and flipped it over I was immediately torn. How could I possibly waste the clouds and use the pretty stripes? But how could I use the stripes and waste the clouds? Oh, what's a stamper to do? Yup - order several more sheets so now I have a couple of sheets to use for clouds and a couple of sheets to use for stripes. Because I LOVE these stripes!


Some quick pen-work inside with a swipe of Pan Pastels chalk.



Supplies:
White card stock
Striped patterned paper - Echo Park
Yellow floral patterned paper - American Crafts
Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stitched Vertical Strips - My Favorite Things
Peeps stamps and dies - Simon Says Stamps
Blueprints #12
Stickles
Green card stock - Recollections
Words inside - Stamps of Life
Wink of Stella

Cards are standard A2


Thanks for stopping by


2 comments:

  1. haha I so understand your dilemma about the designer paper, glad you found an easy solution LOL! Fun easter cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen