Monday 16 May 2016

Karen Burniston May 2016 Designer Challenge, Card #1

Good morning friends

Today's share is my first card for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge ...  Stage it Stencils - Make a project of any theme incorporating one or more stencils. 

I'd been itching to use black card stock and metallic paints with the Stage it Stencils, and I'm really happy with how the card turned out. And it's WAY prettier in real life, where the light catches all the metallic.

I used the Rectangle Pull Card to create a 5 x 6-1/2" card and then I randomly pounced metallic paints through the Swirly Flourish Stage it Stencil.


I had these pretty 3-d stickers in my stash, so added them the front along with a heart brad.


Inside the stamp was gold embossed and coloured with metallic gel pens. The die cut flourish is actually the steam from the Cup Pop Stand, cut from black and outlined with a gel pen.




I hope you will check out the rest of the Designer Challenge Team - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her post on her blog on Wednesday May 18th. I'll be back tomorrow with my second card for the May Designer Challenge.


Supplies:
Swirly Flourish Stencil, Stage it Stencil - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Rectangle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Rectangle Accordion (Rectangle), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Just a Note Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Cup Pop Stand (flourish), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Metallic paint - Recollections
Gold paste - Arto
3-d Stickers K & Co
Metallic Markers - Sharpie
Metallic Gel Pens - Sakura
Heart Brad
Gold embossing powder
Pink card stock
Stickles

Card size - 5 x 6-1/2


Thanks for stopping by today


1 comment:

  1. This is stunning, love the color combo of the purple and gold with the black

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen