Monday 17 October 2016

Halloween Twist Circle Panel Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I had some insomnia one night last week - awake at 3am but refusing to get out of bed until 5. Then I headed to the craft room to make another Twist Circle Panel Pop-Up Card. This one is for Halloween.

I tend to keep the fronts of my Pop-Up cards fairly simple, because all the action is inside.


Here is the card opening ...


... then fully open.  I had so much fun making this card. The card base uses the Twist Circle Pop-Up, by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. At the end of the post I have a link to her video on how to adapt the die to make these Panel Pop-Up cards which are all the rage these days.


I added portions of the Iron Fence to each panel, then decorated the rest with embellishments from my stash. Note,  I did not use foam tape so the card would fold flat enough for mailing.


The labels from the Anita Frames Pop-Up provide the area for a message and signature. I put it on the left side, as you don't want any catch points for the corners of the panels. That way the card opens and closes smoothly.


Here is the link to Karen Burniston's September Designer Challenge Video. It's great to have a die do all the work for you, rather than complicated measuring or templates.

Supplies:
Twist Circle Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Black card stock
Fine point scissors - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Clear Double Sided Adhesive, 1/4 and 1/2" width's
Zutter corner rounder
Iron Fence Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Grey card stock
Fine point tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Embellishments - K & Company
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
Anita Frames Pop-Up (labels), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sakura Gel Pen

Card size - 6 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen