Saturday 12 November 2016

C4C-363 Stitches and thread

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our November 2016 Hostess is Maryann Einam and our Guest Designer is Doreen O'Brien from Doreen's Dream.

Maryann's challenge is:  Stitches and thread add some form of sewing to your card.


I RARELY sew on my cards, but I knew I had these stitched felt elements in my stash. I made a Centre Step Christmas Card using sparkly papers, and the cute stitched elements for my challenge card.





I always find the Centre Step cards work better when you add an extra support layer to the arms, which I did inside with white card stock.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C363.

On a personal note, I am feeling better again today so the healing continues. I've decided to come off the prescription pain meds as they are SO hard on my system, instead moving to Tylenol. Which means the pain isn't as controlled as it would be with the narcotics. But worth it in the end I think. I'm not yet able to do any crafting or Zentangle, but thankfully had a bunch of cards made ahead so I could keep posting while I recover from the surgery.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Centre Step card - Sizzix
White card stock
Stitched felt embellishments - K & Company
Labels and Circles, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Red card stock - Bazzill
White card stock
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Inside stamp - Hero Arts

card size - Standard A2

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Sew glad you are starting to feel a little better Karen.. Love the felt elements on your step card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card Karen! Wish you a nice day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen